Friday 26 August 2011

Hunter Two

Via bash.org

I telephoned the 90s, and overheard this chat on IRC:

[Cthon98] hey, if you type in your password, it will show as stars
[Cthon98] ********* see!
[AzureDiamond] hunter2
[AzureDiamond] doesn't look like stars to me
[Cthon98] [AzureDiamond] *******
[Cthon98] that's what I see
[AzureDiamond] oh, really?
[Cthon98] Absolutely
[AzureDiamond] you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2
[AzureDiamond] haha, does that look funny to you?
[Cthon98] lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******
[AzureDiamond] that's neat, I didnt know IRC did that
[Cthon98] yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******
[AzureDiamond] awesome!

(pause)

[AzureDiamond] wait, how do you know my password?

(pause)

[Cthon98] I just copy pasted YOUR ******'s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause it's your password
[AzureDiamond] oh, ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment